Summary of the 2014 USPS postage rate increase:
- First Class Letters (1 oz.) will increase by three cents to $0.49 from $0.46. Each additional ounce will cost an extra $0.21 (up one cent from 2013).
- NEW! The USPS has introduced a new First Class letter rate for the "Metered Mail" category, which includes online postage providers and postage meters. This new rate would be $0.48, one cent below the retail rate of $0.49 for First Class Letters.
- First Class Flats (1 oz.) will increase by six cents to $0.98 from $0.92. Each additional ounce will cost an extra $0.21 (up one cent from 2013).
- Postcard rates will increase by one cent to $0.34 from $0.33.
- Presorted Standard letters will increase to $0.30 from $0.28.
- Non-profits letters will increase from to $0.18 from $0.17 with non-profit flats increasing to $0.40 from $0.36.
For questions, please contact Joe Monchek, Perfect Printing Mailing Operations Manager at email@example.com.
Photo credit: http://cephuscorner.jadedragononline.com/